.

Translation

01 21 22 23 24 25
EnglishFrenchGermanSpainItalianDutchRussianPortugueseJapaneseKorean 26 ArabicChinese Simplified 27 28

ПутЁвая подписка

Последние комментарии

Why do I choose Scandinavia?

When I say “Me and my family are going to Scandinavia in summer" my friends often look at me with a surprise or amazement. Even Finnish customs officers laughed when they heard “We're going to Messilä" (small ski resort located near Lahti, Finland) – it was in mid-July. We could saw in their eyes such a thought: “What a strange people!”.

I can easily understand all of them, because I know that a lot of our compatriots and the Scandinavians prefer to visit the southern and eastern countries in summer. However, the understated beauty of Nordic Europe each year attracts more and more new explorers. What are the reasons for that? 


Firstly, I should mention the complete absence of natural disasters in Scandinavia. Its famous “neighbour” – Eyjafjallajökull – does not count, because it erupts so rarely.

Secondly, Scandinavia is an ideal holiday destination for people who want to relax from the hustle and bustle of big cities and to stay alone with nature. Personally for me such resort, as Messilä seems like paradise. And if we talk about ecological Helsinki or Stockholm... No comment.

Also, the climatic features of Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark allow to avoid notorious discomfort from an acclimatization.

And, of course, Scandinavia is a real fairy tale with its wide range of possibilities for an active or relaxing holiday, a special atmosphere of medieval streets in the modern city centres and beautiful nature


Dear Scandinavia, wait for me again in the height of summer!

cyclists

Finnish bumblebee

windmill

10 комментариев:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Scandinavia really does have alot to offer

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. A curious choice... lovely post

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. Thank you very much for your nice comments, I appreciate and wish you a great week!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  4. Also, the living standards and kindness in the people are overthrowing!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  5. Sounds so familiar to me. Scandinavia is the best for a relaxing holiday, far far far away from the crowd

    ОтветитьУдалить
  6. My first read of your material. Definitely won't be the last!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  7. Million thanks for your superb reply!!! Also read your publications - they are really marvellous!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  8. Interesting post to read, especially as Finn. I must say it does sound kind of funny that you are going to spend your holiday in Messilä. As a tourism student I hope that more travelers would see Finland's potential in the future. Nice post!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  9. Thank you very much for this interesting comment, appreciated! I also join to your hopes about Finland's tourism potential!

    ОтветитьУдалить

Обо мне

Моя фотография

Пишу в http://putevaya-scandi.blogspot.com/ о своих путешествиях по Скандинавии + обо всем, что связано с Северной Европой (фотоотчеты, социалка, образование, экология, музыка, мода, кулинария, спорт и еще много-много всего!)